Welcome students to the first trimester and first term of SY 2022-2023 as we reopen the Rockwell Campus
|Memo to||……….||:||……...||AGSB Students|
|Memo from||:||(sgd.) Jowett Cecilio F. Magsaysay, MBA, PhD|
|Date||:||14 September 2022|
|Subject||:||Welcome students to the first trimester and first term of SY 2022-2023 as we reopen the Rockwell Campus
Memo No. AGSB-OD-2223-003
On September 19, 2022, we usher in School Year 2022-2023. Welcome back to returning students and, to our new students, welcome to the Ateneo Graduate School of Business!
After consulting with the Faculty and Student Council, I am pleased to announce the activities on the first week of the School Year.
- Schola Brevis – a three-day welcome event from Sept. 22 to Sept. 24
On September 22, Thursday, the campus will be open for the start of onsite classes. Aside from students with scheduled onsite classes that day, all students are welcome to visit the Rockwell Campus.
Everyone is invited to join and celebrate the Mass of the Holy Spirit at 6:00pm in the St. Thomas More Chapel.
The Mass of the Holy Spirit or the Red Mass had been observed since the beginning of the earliest Jesuit schools. Since the mid 1500’s, the tradition has spread throughout academic institutions ministered by the Society of Jesus. It is a solemn opportunity for the community to come together at the beginning of the school year in prayer for gratitude and supplication. It is a time for thanking the Lord for all the blessings received and also invoking that He send the Holy Spirit to guide the community in all its activities during the current school year.
After, there will be booths – food, games, and other sponsor offerings. There will be a photo wall as backdrop for your social media photos. To cheer us into the new school year, we have invited members from the Ateneo Blue Babble Battalion. Iggy the Eagle, the official mascot of AGSB will also be there to welcome you.
Booths will continue to be open through September 24, Saturday.
- Pagsibol Orsem on September 24, Saturday, 9:00am to 12 noon
The three-day event will culminate with the Orientation Seminar in Flex mode – onsite in the auditorium at the B1 level, and online via Zoom.
- Entry into the Rockwell Campus
To enter the campus, students can show one of three documents:
- Enrollment papers
The digital copies of each are acceptable.
Students can also apply for a car sticker to gain entry through the parking floors.
- Students should be well-versed in the safety and health protocols. This remains a primary goal for the community. A copy of the safety and health protocols will be posted on Canvas and on the AGSB website.
- Flex sessions
Flex sessions – synchronous sessions where students would be onsite, in the classroom while other students in the same class would be online at the same time – will start on September 22 for the Monday & Thursday classes, and will continue on September 23 for the Tuesday & Friday classes and on September 24 for the Wednesday & Saturday classes.
- Procedure for Flex sessions
Flex is a modality of each course, not a design at the program level, the latter meaning there is no separate online MBA program, but online participation in each class is possible.
- Flex will be set at the course level between professor and students.
- When you are able to enter the Canvas portion of your course, start monitoring the announcements and schedules for your class.
- The nominal number of flex sessions to offer per subject will be 3 per trimester for Standard, MM, and MBA-Health and 2 per term for Regis
- For each flex session, students can opt to go onsite in the Rockwell Campus or join via Zoom.
See you soon!