Registration and Enrollment Process for Term 3, AY 2022-23
February 3, 2023
MEMO FOR : The AGSB Community
FROM : REY R. REYES, APS Registrar
SUBJECT : Registration and Enrollment Process for Term 3, AY 2022-23
|The process for Registration and Enrollment shall still be implemented online.|
A PRE-REGISTRATION period is provided so students can be better guaranteed of slots in the courses they need.
Even with this change and in continuing compliance with government and University guidelines relative to the COVID-19 pandemic, AGSB shall continue to adopt an entirely online process for pre-registration, registration and enrollment.
The following policies shall govern the Pre-Registration, Registration and Enrollment Processes:
PRE-REGISTRATION | February 9-11, 2023
- The pre-registration period for the incoming term shall be from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on the above dates.
- During the pre-registration phase, students will be able to see all the courses offered, including their schedules, for purposes of enlistment. The names of faculty will not be available. Since schedules are determined with the expectation of both synchronous and asynchronous delivery, students cannot select classes with conflicting or overlapping schedules.
- Students who anticipate conditions that will impede their ability to pre-register (i.e. probationary status, curricular exceptions, etc.) may file their requests for exemption with the departments from February 7-8. Approved requests will be included in their pre-registration via Direct Registration (DR) or by allowing the enlistment to proceed.
- Process. Go to your Student Access Module then click on Registration,then select your courses. Class Size Limits will be observed, but students can still apply for waitlist. The limit on waitlisting is 20. If the number of waitlisted students reaches 10, a new section with the same days and time will be created. Those in the waitlist will be transferred via DR to the newly created section.
- A student may change, add, or remove any enlistment as long as this is done within the pre-registration period. While this is similar to the process followed during previous enrollments, students cannot proceed to Assessment and Payment until these are enabled during the regular registration period.
- At the end of the pre-registration period, courses with less than 10 enlistments will be dissolved. Those who enlisted in dissolved courses will be notified by the respective academic department via e-mail at least 1 day before the start of the regular enrollment period.
REGULAR REGISTRATION | 8:00 AM on February 16 until 2:00 PM on February 18, 2023
- Those who availed of pre-registration enlistment will see their registered courses in the Student Access Module under the Registrations From there, students can print their assessments and pay thru any of the payment channels available. The only time an enlistment will be missing is when the course was dissolved (see #6 PRE-REGISTRATION above).
- During the regular registration period, all the courses shown in the Student Access Module will contain the number of remaining open slots.
- Students who have not availed of pre-registration may still register, subject to the availability of open slots. At this time, students may still change, add, or remove any of their pre-registered courses. HOWEVER, those who wish to change or add courses can only do so from courses with open slots.
- Process. Go to the Student Access Module then print out your assessment form. This will be needed by students who opt to pay their fees via over-the-counter bank deposits. For seamless payment, paying online via credit card is recommended. Click here to see the procedure.
- If you are paying online via bank transfer/teller, you need to complete your payment not later than 3:00 PM to avoid the bank’s payment cut-off. For details, you may refer to the Off-Campus Tuition Payment Options and Procedures. Payments made using this option are validated the next banking day. Thus, registered courses will be put on hold until the Cashier’s Office is able to validate the payment and confirm the enrollment.
- Late Enrollment starts February 20 and ends February 24 during Support Services schedule (stated below). All the processes allowed during the regular enrollment period apply during the late enrollment period. The assessments during the late enrollment period will include a late enrollment fee. Requests for change of schedule (i.e., transfer of classes, adding of courses, adding of slots) and other requests for direct registration (DR) received on the last day of regular registrations shall be processed during the first day of the late registration period and will be considered as such.
- The process for petitioning for the opening of a course by a group of students remains the same as in previous enrollments and can be addressed to the Chairs starting on February 13.
- As in previous enrollments, there is a System Maintenance Time every day from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM. During this time, the registration module becomes unavailable.
ASSISTED / DIRECT REGISTRATION
- For those who cannot register online due to curricular exceptions, cross-enrollment requests, probationary status, over-tenure status, or returning from LOA, among other reasons, simply fill-out the Request for Direct Registration online form at the Registrar Online Services (ROS) portal.
- Requests will be processed during the support services schedule (indicated below) on a first come, first served basis. To see the status of your request, simply click on Monitor DR approval status in the ROS portal. Please be reminded that only requests made through this online facility will be processed. No requests or follow-ups through email will be entertained.
|Support Services will be available Mondays through Fridays from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.|
WITHDRAWALS AND LEAVES OF ABSENCE
- A Leave of Absence (LOA) is filed when there is an expectation that students will not resume classes in the next or subsequent terms. Filed LOAs usually indicate the duration, and when students intend to return. The LOA extends or “stops the clock” on the 5-year Maximum Residency as contained in the student handbook.A LOA filed before the start of a term “stops the clock” for that term. A LOA filed after the start of a term “stops the clock” for that term only if the student is not currently enrolled for that term.
- Withdrawal. Students may withdraw from some or all of their classes within a prescribed withdrawal period. Withdrawing from all enrolled courses (total withdrawal) after classes have started does not automatically make the withdrawal a LOA. The effect of an approved withdrawal is a WP (Withdrawal with Permission) grade in the Transcript of Record. A student cannot have a grade entry in the TOR (effect of enrollment) and be on LOA (not enrolled) at the same time.
- The policy on attendance is still enforced. Students who have completed their enrollments but will be unable to attend classes for justifiable reasons may apply for withdrawal subject to the refund policies contained in the student handbook.If students stop attending classes without filing a withdrawal, they will get failing grades (either 0.0 or UW) at the end of the term with its corresponding effects on retention.
- Online classes will start on February 20, 2023.
|The deadline for Withdrawal and filing for Leaves of Absence (LOA) is March 18, 2023.|
ORIENTATION SEMINAR (ORSEM)
- All new students / first-time enrollees are required to attend the Orientation Seminar (ORSEM) to be scheduled by the AGSB Student Council. A separate announcement will be sent for this. This requirement applies to those who were new students during the last enrollment as well as current students who have not attended this yet.
- The ORSEM attendance is a requirement for students to register online. Old students who have not yet attended this are advised to comply.
One-time Online Student Undertaking for those who will go to class onsite:
Please copy the URL below and paste it in a browser’s address bar and press Enter to fill-out the Health Declaration and Undertaking SY 2022-2023 (GSB Students) online form.
Car sticker Application:
Bring a copy of your Tuition Receipt for the Term and present it to the Guard at Hidalgo entrance.