Professor Maria Victoria R. Castillo now a CCM
January 13, 2012
Prof. Maria Victoria R. Castillo, Head of RCBC Contingency Management Office (CMO) recently qualified as a Certified Continuity Manager (CCM). Prof. Castillo was accorded the CCM by the Washington-based National Institute for Business Continuity Management (NIBCM), the only independent certification body that serves solely to progress the careers of individuals working within the Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Continuity of Operations (COOP) fields.
Prof. Castillo acquired the designation by fulfilling all necessary requirements and successfully passing the required examination, to meet the NIBCM’s criteria for skilled competency; thus, was admitted to membership and granted the right to use the professional designation.
Prior to this, Prof. Castillo attended the “Effective Business Continuity Management” course held in Las Vegas on October 17-20, 2011 by the Institute of Business Continuity Training (IBCT) of New York.
The course, which is fully accredited by NIBCM, is considered one of the best business continuity training offered in the US having been drawn from both the BS 25999 British Standard and the NFPA 1600 US Standard.
The course covers:
- tools and techniques for conducting risk assessments and business impact analysis
- practical methodologies to design and manage effective continuity plans
- case studies to examine real life situations and their solutions
- guided study and group exercises to apply the lessons learned
- methodologies for creating a plan to support your business in the face of any critical incident.
With this feat, Prof. Castillo is now a CPA, MBA and CCM…. and soon to be a PhD.