Update on the renovation schedule of the Rockwell Campus
|Memo to||:||The AGSB Community|
|Memo from||:||(sgd.) Jowett Cecilio F. Magsaysay, MBA, PhD|
|Date||:||7 February 2023|
|Subject||:||Update on the renovation schedule of the Rockwell Campus|
|and alternative classrooms during the renovation|
|Memo No. AGSB-OD-2223-017|
The renovation of the Rockwell Campus will take longer than originally scheduled. In December we announced that the campus would be ready to open by tomorrow, February 7. The project manager has now given us a revised timeline, with July 1, 2023 as the earliest date for reopening the campus. Delay in delivery of the air-conditioning units was cited as the main cause.
So, please note: the Rockwell Campus will not be accessible by AGSB students, staff, and faculty until July 1, 2023.
The third floor, occupied by the Ateneo Law School, will be holding fully onsite classes under temporary ventilation arrangements, but the second and fourth floors, which AGSB occupies, will be off limits for now. This goes for the Library as well.
To enable AGSB flex and onsite classes to continue till we reopen the campus, we have prepared alternatives.
For Flex classrooms, where students can be online or onsite in the same session:
- Salcedo Campus, starting February 13, 2023 – Rooms 401, 402, 403 in the Ateneo Professional Schools building along H.V. Dela Costa St. in Salcedo Village, Makati.
- Loyola Campus of ADMU along Katipunan Ave. in QC, starting February 20, 2023
- CTC 203 with AC- Mondays
- CTC 106 with AC- Tuesdays & Fridays
- CTC 202 with AC- Wednesdays
- CTC 107 with AC- Thursdays
- Gonzaga 303 – Saturdays
For fully onsite classrooms, where all students can attend an in-person session:
- Rooms 401A, 401C, and Computer Room in the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health along Ortigas Ave. in Pasig. These rooms will be ready by February 13, 2023.
- In addition to these Ateneo campuses, there are rooms in Camp Aguinaldo that have been made available to us through the kindness of Major Cyrus Castillo, General Manager of Camp Aguinaldo Golf Course who is also a current AGSB student. Indeed, several classes have already been held in Camp Aguinaldo.
Arrangements for each class will be made between the professor and students in a course. The process of reserving rooms will be through the Department Secretaries, the same procedure we have been following for the Rockwell campus.
In the Appendix to this memo, you will find instructions for each alternative classroom for:
- Campus access
- Safety protocols
Thank you for your patience regarding our Rockwell campus renovation. I had wished we would be returning by today, but this is another lesson for all of us on how we can practice agility.
I look forward to seeing you in person or in photos, enjoying the learning and bonding in these alternative classrooms in the next few months.
For our students whose home campus is one of the Satellites – Clark, Sta. Rosa, Iloilo, and Cebu – we have started preparations for locating and setting up classrooms in these cities. I hope to update you on these before the next school year.