Protocol on Suspension of Classes and/or Work Due to Inclement Weather Conditions and Other Weather Disturbances
August 10, 2019
|Date||:||7 August 2017|
|Memo to||:||The University Community|
|From||:||(Sgd.) Fr. Nemesio S. Que, SJ|
|Subject||:||Protocol on Suspension of Classes and/or Work Due to Inclement Weather Conditions and Other
With the onset of the rainy season, I wish to remind the community of the following protocol to be followed regarding suspension of classes and/or work.
A. On Suspension of Classes
1. Automatic Suspension of Classes
As prescribed by the President of the Philippines through Executive Order No. 66, s. 2012* the following shall take effect depending on the Public Storm Warning Signal (PSWS) raised by PAGASA:
Signal #1 – classes at the pre-school level, in the affected area, shall be automatically cancelled or suspended
Signal #2 – classes at the pre-school, elementary and secondary levels, in the affected area, shall be automatically cancelled or suspended
Signal #3 or higher – classes at pre-school, elementary, secondary, and tertiary levels, in the affected area, including graduate school, shall be automatically cancelled or suspended
In the event that PAGASA does not raise a PSWS, local chief executives may implement localized cancellation or suspension of classes.
When Automatic Suspension of Classes applies, parents, students and faculty members need not wait for an official announcement from the University. Nevertheless, the University Communication and Public Relations Office (UCPRO) will post announcements through the University’s official channels.
2. During inclement weather conditions and other weather disturbances (e.g. intense rain, serious flooding, etc.) when Automatic Suspension of Classes does not apply, the following shall be responsible for suspending classes for their respective units:
• AGS Headmaster – Ateneo Grade School
• AJHS Principal – Ateneo Junior High School
• ASHS Principal – Ateneo Senior High School
• VP for the Loyola Schools – Loyola Schools
• Respective Deans – Ateneo Professional Schools
For non-automatic suspension of classes, the UCPRO will get in touch with unit heads for the decision to suspend classes.
3. Official University announcements will only come from the UCPRO.
Official forms of Announcements:
• Pre-recorded announcement in the Ateneo trunk line (activated by the Central-Facilities Management Office in coordination with UCPRO)
• University InfoBoard SMS (text message)
• Facebook and Twitter posts via official Ateneo accounts
• Bulletin on the Ateneo website
• Email memo via the Blueboard mailing list
• Message on the LUXID (LED) InfoBoard
• Radio and TV advisories
Time of Announcements:
• First Announcement: 10 pm the previous day; (if no announcement is made by this time – then the)
• Next Announcement: 4:30 am the day of the intended cancellation of classes.
4. Suspension of classes includes suspension of all student activities.
B. On Suspension of Work
1. The Vice President for Administration and/or the Office of Human Resource Management and Organization Development (OHRMOD) shall be responsible for suspending work for Staff and Administrators of the Basic Education Unit, Loyola Schools and Central Administration.
2. The Vice President for the Professional Schools shall be responsible for suspending work for Staff and Administrators of the Law School, Graduate School of Business, School of Medicine and Public Health and School of Government.
3. Suspension of work includes suspension of all activities in campus.
4. In all instances that work has been suspended, the Central Facilities Management Office (CFMO) together with unit facilities management offices and the Campus Safety and Mobility Office (CSMO) shall designate a skeleton force to ensure safety, security and orderliness in campus.
Again, I pray that everyone keeps safe in times when classes and work have been suspended. Everyone’s safety and welfare is the University’s utmost concern.