Ateneo Graduate School of Business Alumni Association Inc. (AGSBAAI) is a private non-stock non-profit corporation, organized, established and operated in the interest of the collective membership.
AGSBAAI came into being in 1986. The original incorporators were: Daniel Batto, Jose Dans Jr., Enrique Davila, Gary Makasiar, Delfin Mendoza, Raul Paredes, Glicerio Sicat, Luis Sison, and Josefina Tan.
The Boards of Directors elected yearly were led by the following Presidents:
|2016||Cherry Joy Francisco||MM '10|
|2015||Elias Patrick Salazar||Regis '06|
|2014||Moises Dominic Carandang||Standard '12|
|2012-2013||Eugene Del Rosario||MM '09|
|2011||Edgardo Liu||MM '09|
|2010||John Vinta||Standard '99|
|2009||Ma. Luisa Moguel||Regis '01|
|2007-2008||Edgardo Legaspi||Standard '75|
|1995-2006||Eugene Mateo||Standard '74|
|1994||Miguel Paala||SEP '85|
|1992-1993||Gary Makasiar||Standard '78|
|1991||Nicasio Co||SEP '84|
|1989-1990||Zosimo Balagtas||SEP '78|
|1987-1988||Roberto de Venecia||Standard '79|
|1986||Daniel Batto||Standard '83|
Eugene Mateo held the post the longest, with most of it on a holdover capacity.
During the Grand Reunion in 1992, three outstanding AGSB alumni were honored with Excellence Awards:
|Administration of Academic Institution||Lydia Echauz||Standard '73|
|Corporate Management||Raul Paredes||MBM '66|
|Public Governance||Fidel Ramos||SEP '80|
AGSBAAI was a highly-active social organism during the first decade of its existence, serving as a magnet for enthusiastic alumni members although it went low-key during most of the next decade. Nevertheless, events were memorable:
- Famous Inducting Officers: Fidel Ramos, Alfredo Lim
- Formation of an AGSBAAI Scholarship Fund
- Creation of the Online Yearbook
- Forums that were called “Kapihan sa Blue Room”
The Alumni and Students Night held last November 24, 2006 marked not only the 40th year anniversary of AGSB but also the reactivation of AGSBAAI, largely driven by the desire of AGSB to reconnect all of its MBA graduates with the school and extend beyond its student community the AGSB value proposition that “Our Country is Our Business.”
The new AGSBAAI is different from its predecessor because:
- All AGSB graduates automatically become members of AGSBAAI.
- The school is now a major stakeholder in AGSBAAI.
- AGSBAAI is now an affiliate of AAA (Ateneo Alumni Association) in Loyola.
In 2007, AGSBAAI went online via the AGSB web link for membership updates, job placements, promoting products and services under the name Blue Network, and using it to announce school-initiated forums, lectures, reflections, and projects such as the Cura Kalikasan. AGSBAAI Membership Cards were issued to paying alumni members.
- The Year 2009 marked a number of firsts for AGSBAAI, notably:
- The first chapter formalized with AGSB Sta Rosa graduates
- The first Ignatius Ball for the new graduates, a tradition to be celebrated every year
- The first Eyrie yearbook
- The first AGSBAAI Golf Cup
- The Visa card for AGSBAAI members
Noteworthy in 2010:
- A new AGSBAAI Scholarship Fund was established.
- AGSBAAI joined Facebook.
- Distinguished alumni were honored during the Alumni Grand Reunion, namely: Fidel Ramos (SEP 80), Alfredo Bengzon (SEP 72), Lydia Echauz (Standard 73), Avelino Zapanta (MM 90), Roy Cimatu (SEP 94), Rodrigo Franco (Standard 88), and Alberto Buenviaje (Standard 1977).
- As an AGSBAAI Honorary Member, University President Rev. Fr. Bienvenido Nebres was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award.